What you need to know:
Propane fuel drives a large part of our agriculture operations, be it heat, grain drying, climate control for livestock or countless other applications. Propane safety, handling, and storage are paramount to NuWay – K&H Cooperative. As advocates for the safety of you and of your operation, we always remind our member owners:
- Learn to recognize the unique smell of propane
- Always remove yourself from your home or the suspected source of the leak
- Call your supplier or 9-1-1 if you suspect a leak, using a phone a safe distance from your house or the source of the leak
- Do not attempt to find the leak or do your own repairs
- Do not turn on lights inside the home, use a telephone or light matches
It’s also important to know that any extreme weather like wind, hail or flooding can pose a threat to dislodge a tank source or a line. Propane can also be vulnerable from surrounding debris, brush or vegetation that is combustible. So keep your area around your tank clear.